Pages

Wednesday 12 July 2017

Day #5: One Step at a Time…



After a long day at the beach, it is now time to move away from the water and drive inland, through the middle of the south island. You are going to start in Nelson and drive south before crossing a huge mountain range called the ‘Southern Alps.’ The scenery is going to be amazing!
Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.
For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest…


“Where did you go” I said as it echoed throughout the whole forest. I was scared to death and was really worried. It began to get colder and colder as I walked through the path. I tried my hardest to find my way out but there was no possible way to get out. At that point I gave up and tried to get some rest for the next day. The next day I tried to find some food but there was nothing edible. I began to get thirsty. “I am never gonna get out of this forest” I said. That was when I really gave up and had no more hope. I took a deep breath and said to myself “I am going to get out of here no matter what happens or no matter what hits me. I am GOING TO LEAVE!” I climbed up a tree and saw the exit. “THERE IT IS”. I ran towards the exit and saw Curious Kiwi. “We were looking for you” said Curious Kiwi. I was so happy. :). As soon as I found my way out I drank a huge amount of water and ate huge amount of food.

Image result for forest

Link to Photo

C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\NZ Map - Schematic.png



http://www.kiwidaydreaming.com/p/new-zealand-maps.html
Activity 2: After the adventure at The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve, you are pretty happy to get back into the shuttle van and continue with your road trip. Over the next few hours you travel up and over the Southern Alps, arriving in the city of Christchurch to eat lunch. You have a delicious meal at a café downtown and then hop back into the van to travel to Twizel, a small town at the base of Aoraki-Mt Cook. Mt Cook is the largest mountain in New Zealand. It is also the mountain where Sir Edmund Hillary trained for his climb up Mt Everest the tallest mountain in the world. Sir Edmund Hillary is very famous because he was the first person to ever reach the top of Mt Everest!


C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Sir Edmund Hillary pic.jpg
Now it is your turn to learn about a famous New Zealander. Use Google to research one famous person from New Zealand and then create a DLO and post it on your blog. Be sure to include: 1. The name of the famous person, 2. Where they were born, 3. Why they are famous, and 4. Two other interesting facts about them.


Paris Global


She is a Singer, Dancer, Choreographer, Actress and a Director. She is in a dance Crew called The Royal Family and has won the World Hip Hop competition three times. Paris was born and raised in Manurewa, Auckland Nz, the youngest out of 4 children. Goebel attended  Auckland Girls Grammar but soon left to concentrate on her dancing courier.
She has worked with many artist including Little Mix, Nicki Minaj, Jennifer Lopez, Rihanna, Justin Bieber, BLACK PINK, Big Bang and many more. She choreographed the music video for the song Sorry by Justin Bieber which was a huge hit in 2016. Here is the Video. Paris and her father which is also her manager now runs a dance studio called “The Palace Dance Studio” in Auckland.
Bonus Activity: You and your tour group have enjoyed your day in the mountains but you’re ready for a change of scenery. You ask Curious Kiwi to take you to Central Otago, a region of the south island with lots of rolling hills and flat, brown grasslands. While in Central Otago, you decide to join the Otago Central Rail Trail – a 150 km long cycle trail. Curious Kiwi and I (Rachel) cycled the Rail Trail in April and we loved it!
On your blog, tell us whether you would like to cycle the Otago Rail Trail one day. Does it sound like fun? Why or why not?


Hmmmm. I would love to go to Otago Rail Trail one day. It will definitely get me fitter.I think it would be fun because I love riding bikes and exploring new places around Nz or around the World. I would also bring some of my friends and family to make it challenging and more fun for me.
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Rach Rail Trail.jpg
Rachel on the Otago Rail Trail, April 2017
Bonus Activity: 10 points
Whew! It has been quite the day of sightseeing. You reach your hotel in Dunedin tired but excited. Tomorrow you are going to visit a very special and important place in the south island before you drive back to Auckland…

8 comments:

  1. Hi Telesia,

    I really enjoyed reading your story, it is so important not to lose hope in a survival situation, you've got to keep pushing on like your character did! Next time remember to reference or include a link to your images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss Stone,

    Thank You for your lovely and positive comment on my blog. Yes! I will put a link to the photos right away. Goodbye and once again Thank You :))

    Cheers,
    Telesia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sia,

    It's funny to see that you did Parris Goebel because I did too. I enjoyed reading your story and i'm glad you found your way out. Keep up the amazing work!.

    - DB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey db,

    Yeah! Thanks for your positive and lovely comment. I am for sure going to check up on your blog.

    Thank You,
    Telesia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Konichiwa Sia,

    I loved your short story, it's impressively written. I enjoyed reading your DLO on Paris Goelbal. It's amazing that she works with a diverse of culture!. I too would love to go on the rail trail, it sounds and looks spectacular. Thumbs up!.

    Kind regards,
    Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aloha Telesia,
    I really loved reading your short story of you being stuck in the forest,It was well written! I also liked your DLO about Parris Goebel,It's so shocking that shes from New Zealand! Great Work! Keep it Up Telesia!

    -Nitaa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aloha Sia,

    It is really nice to see you Blogging a lot of great work on the WLJ!, this is so fascinating I want to read more and the way you chose Paris Global was awesome. I mean, she is a Dancer, Singer and all those stuff you said she was!, I can't wait to see more Blog Posts up your Blogging profile because your doing so good!

    Kind Regards,
    Anastacia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ciao Sia,
    Parris Goebel, is an impeccable dancer! I love how you added some additional information about her. Her dance moves and group has so much potential, am I right?. I wouldn't want to suggest anything as your blogs are perfect!

    Keep up the best blogs! Seen you on Mondayyyyyy!

    Yours Sincerely,

    Aaliyahna (Nahnah) :))

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.