Pages

Saturday 21 January 2017

SLJ Day 19 - Week 4


Day 19: Planes, trains and automobiles Activity 1 Let’s imagine that the neighbouring town was about 30 kilometres away. There are a number of beautiful villages and interesting things to see along the way. You have four options for this trip. You can take a:Train – 25 minute ride; No stops along the way; $12 for the trip (return)Bus – 45 minute ride; Two stops along the way to look at interesting villages; $8 for the trip (return)Scooter – 1 hour ride; Unlimited number of stops; $5 for the trip (return)Bicycle – 2 hour ride; Unlimited number of stops but there are some hills along the way; $1 (return)On your blog, tell us which of these four options you would choose and why!


I would take the train because it is only a 25 minute ride with no stops along the way. On the way back it only cost 12 dollars. My second choice will by bicycle because I love riding bicycle's and because it only cost 1 dollar for the ride back.


Activity 2These days there are, literally, dozens of different kinds of vehicles that we can use. Some of them are quite familiar (eg. car, truck, bus) but some are very unique and different. Watch this Youtube clip of the most Amazing vehicles ever made.When you have finished tell us which of the vehicles you liked the most. On your blog tell us the name of the vehicle and the reasons why you liked it so much. There are a number of pretty interesting options!


I have three vehicles that I would love to ride and the one's I like the most. The first one is the Suitcase Scooter, because it is very useful for when your going on a flight and because it looks very very fun to use. The second vehicle is the the Sega way. It is a electric scooter which is way better then a regular scooter. I just think that this vehicle is very good for lazy people like me. Lastly my personal favourite, The One Wheel Scooter. Allthough it looks hard to use I think that is just one of the funnest vehicles ever made and it is very hard to break. Bonus ActivityThe Canadian government has decided to build the longest walking trail in the world. It is called the Great Trail’ and it covers 15 000 miles. Wow! For this activity, we are drawing inspiration from this walking trail and thinking about our own footprints. Your task is to use DrawIsland tool to create your own digital footprint. The footprint must include your name and the name of the country that you are visiting. Otherwise, you can decorate it in any way that you want. It’s totally up to you! Once you have drawn your footprint, save it, and then upload it to your blog.Here is my Design

1 comment:

  1. Hi Telesia!

    Great choices for your vehicles in Activity #2. When I was reading through your post I was thinking about a recent experience that I had here in Auckland. I actually had the chance to ride a segway for a couple of hours last year. They had a special deal for families to travel across the water from downtown Auckland to Devonport (a city on the North Shore of Auckland). When you arrived in Devonport a team of people met you and took you to a car park where they let you practice driving around on a segway before they took you on a tour of the town. We actually got to drive the segways through the streets of Devonport. It was pretty fun!

    I have to admit that I got a little bit scared at one point because we were asked to drive our segways up the side of a huge hill (Mt Victoria). I was worried that I was going to fall off or, worse, end up rolling backwards down the hill! Fortunately, we survived!

    If you had a segway for a day, where would you want to go? Would you like to ride it to school or would you prefer to go exploring? I would like to drive it out to the beaches on the west coast of Auckland. My favourite beach is called Karekare. Have you ever heard of it? It has black sand and it's really stunning. On a windy, cloudy day it can look quite mysterious as the hills are shrouded in mist. I love it there!

    Do you have a favourite beach or place to go in Auckland? I'd love to hear about it :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.